0333 444 8844 | hello@rootsfinancegroup.co.uk

What is Landlords insurance?

Renting a property, be it residential or commercial, comes with a wide range or risks. Buying the property will be a big investment and you don’t want to leave it part or fully uninsured so that if the worst happens you aren’t covered.

We can cover landlords with individual properties, landlords with portfolios of properties, shops and offices, and whilst there is no legal requirement to have any insurance in place at all, when tenants are in place it is wise to consider buildings, contents, legal expenses (inc loss of rent), rent guarantee, landlord home emergency, theft by tenants, malicious damage by tenants, terrorism cover, and liability cover.

We recognise that every landlord is different, that’s why we give you the option to chose the cover that meets your exact requirements. You can chose to increase cover limits, extend the range of cover and change excesses so that everything is tailored to your precise needs.

Section Breaker

Landlords Insurance Policy Features

Buildings & contents

Standard cover includes buildings insurance for a range of perils such as fire, theft and flood, landlords contents, malicious damage, and property owners liability. Extend cover to include keys and locks, extended unoccupancy periods, loss of rent, and emergency breakdown, plus much more…

Rent cover

Rent cover comes in two options, the standard policy covers the costly legal and professional fees of attempting to recover the rent owed via pursuing a case through the UK court system, whilst the premier policy skips that process and pays the rent owed directly to you.

Additional coverage

Give yourself full peace of mind by taking out:
– Landlords home emergency
– Terrorism cover
– Legal expenses
– Theft & malicious damage by tenants

Landlords Insurance Policy Benefits

policy features
Is tenant damage covered?

This depends on the level of cover you decided to take out. There is the option, for additional premiums, to include cover for accidental damage by tenants, malicious damage by tenants, and also theft by tenants.

policy features
What's landlords home emergency?

In the event of an emergency i.e. boiler breakdown, leak, loss of heating, a qualified tradesman will attend to the incident and make it safe until a full and proper repair can be undertaken via claiming on the main policy.

policy features
My property is unoccupied

If this is the case then you should take out a specialist policy to ensure that you remain fully covered and don’t fall foul of policy exclusions i.e. you fall foul and exceed the maximum number of days a property can remain unoccupied.