0333 444 8844 | hello@rootsfinancegroup.co.uk

What is Shop & Retail insurance?

The modern world sees shops come in various formats and sizes, both on the high street and online. We can cover over 99% of retail businesses given our wide range of insurer agreements, meaning you get tailored cover that meets the exact needs of your business.

Standard cover includes stock, public liability, employers liability, contents cover, buildings cover, business interruption, terrorism cover, and business equipment. Optional extras include professional indemnity, cyber cover, directors & officers, legal expenses, fleet and personal accident.

You put a huge amount of effort into setting up, establishing and growing your business, but no matter how careful you are things will go wrong. Ensure you give yourself complete peace of mind should the worst happen and be safe in the knowledge that your business can continue to trade.

Section Breaker

Shop & Retail Insurance Policy Features

Liability cover

Protect your business against claims from both the public and the employees who allege physical injury, death or damage to their possessions as a result of an accident on your premises, caused by you or your equipment or property. As an employer, employers liability is a legal requirement.

Business interruption

When you are unable to use your office due to flood or fire, or during its repair, loss of income is covered so that you can continue to pay staff, overheads and other bills. Varying levels of cover are available so that you can cover the costs that you need to ensure your business keeps operating.


There is almost nothing worse than when you face a major incident that affects your business, especially when it comes to your stock. Floods, fires and theft all happen no matter how careful you are, so it’s key to ensure you are covered for the correct amount of stock.

Common Shop & Retail Insurance Questions

policy features
I work from home do I still need insurance?

More and more people now work from home post Covid-19. Home insurance excludes anything business related, so public liability will protect against accidents on your property i.e. deliveries, whilst equipment can still be damaged or lost. 

policy features
What additional insurances are there?

– Cyber cover
– Personal accident
– Legal expenses
– Professional indemnity

policy features
I work online, can I get cover?

Yes you can. We cater for varying types of customers, and specialise in those who work either purely online, at home or have both a mix of shop and an online offering to their customers.