0333 444 8844 | hello@rootsfinancegroup.co.uk

What is Contractors Combined insurance?

Contractors working on new building projects, renovating an existing structure or as a general contractor need to ensure they have adequate and correct insurances in place to cover themselves as the employer, the public and the end client. Working away on client premises isn’t risk free, especially when you’re likely contractually responsible for work and materials until the contract is completed.

Standard cover includes stock, public liability, employers liability, plant, tools and equipment, hired in plant and equipment, goods in transit, contents cover, buildings cover, business interruption, terrorism cover, and business equipment. Optional extras include professional indemnity, cyber cover, directors & officers, legal expenses, fleet and personal accident.

You put a huge amount of effort into setting up, establishing and growing your business, but no matter how careful you are things will go wrong. Ensure you give yourself complete peace of mind should the worst happen and be safe in the knowledge that you, your customers and their property will be ok and your business can continue to trade.

Section Breaker

Contractors Combined Insurance Policy Features

Liability cover

Protect your business against claims from both the public and the employees who allege physical injury, death or damage to their possessions as a result of an accident on your premises, caused by you or your equipment, property or error. As an employer, employers liability is a legal requirement.

Plant cover

This is split into two types, own plant and hired-in plant. Own plant includes general building and construction equipment i.e. cement mixers, generators and scaffolding. Hired-in plant tends to be expensive items used occasionally for certain contracts such as cranes and dumpers.

Contract works

This is an optional, but key insurance that provides cover for permanent and temporary works. Permanent works includes the actual building and unfixed materials, whilst temporary works includes items which facilitate the construction itself such as access roads and scaffolding.

Common Contractors Combined Insurance Questions

policy features
How's commercial combined different?

Commercial combined typically covers businesses who work from their premises, whilst contractors combined covers similar risks but where the majority of the income comes from not the business premises but at third party sites.

policy features
What optional insurance are available?

– Cyber cover
– Legal expenses
– Professional indemnity
– Directors & officers and more…

policy features
What sort of professions need this?

Commonly it includes; building contractors, ground workers, demolition, scaffolding, roofing, piling, electrical, security, cleaning carpentry and joinery contractors, plasterers and dry liners, ceiling and partitioners, painters and decorators.